Such good brunch today! It was pretty time consuming, but perfect for a lazy Saturday morning, and can be sped up by using leftover cooked veg or making mini versions.
The mini versions are perfect for breakfast on the go, or for snacks throughout the day. Delicious!
Experiment with the veg you use, and see what your favourite combos are…
- Your choice of veg. I change it all the time, but today we had sweet potato, red onion, tomatoes and peas
- 6 eggs, beaten with 150ml milk
- Handful of grated cheese (optional)
- Herbs or spices (optional)
1. Pour oil into a round cake tin (or oven proof dish/deep frying pan)
2. Add sweet potato and cook in oven at 180C for 15 mins (skip this step if using cooked veg)
3. Add red onion to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins (skip if using cooked veg)
4. Add remaining veg, any herbs/spices, and half the cheese to the pan and mix together. Try to get an even spread across the pan of each veg so you get a bit of everything in each slice.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the veg and shake the pan gently to even it out. The egg should just about cover the other ingredients
6. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top, then bake in the oven at 180C for 20-25 mins or until the egg is cooked through